Let me start this post by saying….I know this is a touchy subject, but we ALL have different body image issues. There are areas on you’re body you love and a few parts you would like to trade in for a newer or different version. I have my own struggles with my body image, if I’m being transparent. As an actress/model, I’m being interviewed (auditioning) daily for jobs and a large part of the process concerns my appearance. Am I pretty enough, Am I too pretty, Am I small enough, Are my breasts large enough, and the list goes on……..this is a constant for me! So, please believe me when I say, “I understand the struggles of a poor body image.”
Since having my little girl 19 months ago, I have made a huge effort to accept myself, lumpy thighs and all (I like to think those lumps add a little character, being perfect is sooooo boring :))! I do not want her to struggle with a poor body image. Therefore, I was forced to get my act together and love myself NAKED!
We are bombarded with media images of how we “should or should not” look. Men and women are constantly being scrutinized about their body’s. I say ENOUGH! Do not put your time and energy into these things. Instead let’s put our energies into positive things….Like LOVING ourselves for who we are!
Let’s start by loving yourself right where you are, at this moment. Check yourself out in the mirror…make a mental note of the things you love about yourself and also those things you would like to change. It’s so important to concentrate on the positives and not on the negatives…..focusing on negativity only produces more negativity! I say acknowledge those things you would like to change and create a game plan on how you are going to change them. Eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and exercise …give your body what it needs to great! Let’s be PROactive!
10 STEPS TO A POSITIVE BODY IMAGE:
1. Appreciate all that your body can do! The body is an amazing instrument!
2. Keep a top-10 list of things you like about yourself! Post them on your mirror and look at them daily.
3. Remind yourself that “True Beauty” is not simply skin deep…..Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of body.
4. Embrace yourself from the inside out!
5. Surround yourself with positive people and those who challenge you to achieve personal greatness!
6. Shut down those voices in your head that tell you your body is not “right” or that you are “not enough.” Replace those negative thoughts with positive ones!
7. Wear clothes that make you feel comfortable and that accentuate your features.
8. Block out negative social and media messages concerning body image.
9. Celebrate being YOU!!! No one can do You quite like YOU!
10. Use the time and energy that you might have spent worrying about food, calories, and your weight to do something to help others! This is good for the mind, body and soul!
Proper Style begins on the inside! Once we rewire the way you think and see yourself, then we can work on your personal style. I know….seems easier said than done. Message me and I’ll give you the name of a great therapist ;)!
So, let’s get to work….