It’s blazing hot outside. No, wait, now it’s freezing! How am I suppose to pick an outfit? If this is the internal monologue running rampant in your head, not to worry! I am going to break down the DO’s and DONT’s of bringing your summer wardrobe into fall!
1. DO Add tights and boots to summer dresses. As we transition into fall you don’t have to take your favorite summer dresses out of your wardrobe rotation. Throw on a pair of opaque tights under your summer frock, add fall wedged booties and you are ready to pound the pavement in style!
2. DO Add a comfy sweater or blazer to your summer dress. The ever classic blazer should be a staple in your wardrobe. It can be added to anything from dresses to jeans for an instant ensemble upgrade. I love a great comfy sweater! And, you should too because it is a major fall fashion trend for 2012! It will also keep you cozy during those chilly nights out with the girls!
3. DO accessorize with an oversized hand bag! Not only can you store you most important items, but you can also use the extra space to keep a scarf or use it to put your discarded sweater in if you get a little warm!
4. DO fall in love with scarves! They are the perfect accessory to add to any ensemble during seasonal transitions.
AND Now for the DONT’s!
1. DON’T over accessorize! A scarf, opaque or patterned tights, a hat, an ornate belt and dramatic shoes are great friends when you’re transitioning into fall……just don’t bring them ALL out to play at the same time!
2. DON’T wear it if it doesn’t fit you. Fit is everything! Do not wear it if it is too big or too small! This is especially important when you are layering items. Oversized, ill fitting pants layered with boots, a chunky sweater, scarf and an oversized handbag will leave you looking messy and larger than your actual size.
Transitioning your summer wardrobe into fall can be easy and stylish! Remember the DO’s and DON’Ts and have fun putting the Proper Style in everything you do!