I’m always up for some fun in the kitchen with my favorite girl, Stella! Cooking together is one of our favorite things to do! I asked her to pick two of her favorite things. She quickly responded with chocolate and sprinkles! Well now, who doesn’t love chocolate and sprinkles?
After brainstorming about all of the ways you could use chocolate and sprinkles, we settled on a fun and delicious treat! We decided to combine them and make edible ice cream bowls! Yum!
Items you will need:
1. Sprinkles – The sky is the limit! We chose traditional sprinkles and tuxedo sprinkles (aka….crushed Oreos)
2. Melting Chocolate
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper; set aside.
2. Clean and dry your balloons. Then blow them up to your desired bowl size.
3. Place a large, heatproof bowl over a barely simmering pot of water and melt your chocolate.
4. Once your chocolate is melted and you have carefully removed the bowl from the simmering water, begin to dip your balloon bottom into the chocolate and tilt and rotate to create the “bowl” shape. Don’t worry about perfection at this stage. The chocolate imperfections give these yummy bowls character. Besides, you are going to devour it quickly!
**CAUTION** The Balloons will pop if the chocolate is too warm. OOOOPS!!!
5. Remove any excess chocolate off of the balloon by gently tapping or shaking. Then, immediately place the dipped balloon into your topping. Coat the chocolate by pressing, lifting, and repeating. Do not swirl or twist the balloon into the toppings as this will cause a smeared mess…..still delicious, just not as stylish!
6. Place the finished balloons onto your baking sheet and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
7. To remove the balloons, simply cut a small hole near the top and allow the balloon to slowly deflate. You can then easily and gently remove the balloon from your delicious chocolate bowl!
8. Fill those yummy and Properly Stylish bowls with your fave ice cream and enjoy!
These Properly Stylish Ice Cream Bowls get a thumbs up from Stella.
We had the best time with this Properly Stylish, DIY treat! It’s an easy and fun way to get the kiddos involved in the kitchen!
You can watch all of the fun we had together while creating our ice cream dream bowls below!